Engineering Summer School
Year of entry
Why choose? this course?
Our Engineering Summer School gives you the opportunity to experience academic subject study either as a continuation of your current studies or as preparation courses for joining the final year of our degree programmes. You will study a mixture of academic lectures, engaging study sessions, and English language classes.
Key course features
- Worth a total 60 UK university credits.
- On completion of the top-up course, you will have the opportunity to go onto the final year of an Honours Bachelor degree programme and complete the degree in one year, including your summer school.
- Learn key knowledge and skills which will help to prepare you for academic study on the final year of your undergraduate degree course.
What you will study
The Summer School offers an intensive programme of learning with a range of teaching supported by tutorials.
You will study 3 modules covering a range of topics relating to Engineering studies including Business, Communication, Research, Ethics, and Sustainability.
Successful completion of the Engineering Summer School will allow you to progress to the final year of a Bachelor’s degree in any of our Engineering disciplines including aeronautical, automotive, electrical and electronic, industrial engineering, mechanical, renewable and sustainable engineering.
After completing the BEng final year you will then have the opportunity to complete a Masters Degree in one year, hence two qualifications in just two years.
The summer school is consists of three subject modules and one English module, (80 credits in total).
• (ENG5B7) Research Methodologies, Level 5, 20 credits
• (ENG5B8) Emerging Technologies, Level 5, 20 credits
• (ENG5B9) Analytical Techniques, Level 5, 20 credits
• (LAN474) English for STEM, Level 4, 20 credits
Entry requirements & applying
Our courses are open to international students over the age of 18, whatever your background or country of residence.
Our Engineering Summer Schools are designed for students who have at least 1 year of study at Higher Education level in an Engineering related subject. If you are an international student you will also need to demonstrate B2 level (or equivalent) in English Language to join the course.
If you would like to apply for this course, please click here.
Fees & funding
Option 1 (with accommodation): £1500
Option 2. (without accommodation): £1000
• Cost includes technical tuition and English language tuition, accommodation (option 1) , and x2 weekend activities.
• Costs do not include: transportation to/from airport, food, extracurricular activities
*These courses are in often in popular demand, however if a course does have an insufficient number of students registered it will not be offered. In such an event, any registered students will be offered an alternative programme or given a full refund of any fees paid.
This course will run for 4 weeks from Monday 31st July 2023 – Friday 21st August 2023.