Before you apply

You can check if you meet the academic entry requirements for your chosen course by visiting your country page. If your country is not listed, please contact us at and we will be happy to help.

In most cases you will require a visa to study in the UK.

We advise international students to apply as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application and to give you plenty of time to apply for your visa and make your travel and accommodation arrangements.

Students who require a Student visa should be aware of the following important dates:

Intake / Start Date Application / Conditions Deadline    Financial Documentation Deadline   CAS Deadline
IFY January 2023 
(Monday 16th January 2023)
Friday 25th November 2022 Tuesday 6th December 2022 Wednesday 14th December 2022
Semester 2 Direct Masters Intake
(Monday 6th February 2023)
Friday 2nd December 2023 Tuesday 13th December 2022 Wednesday 21st  December 2022
February Pre-Masters Intake
(Monday 20th February 2023)
Thursday 22nd December 2022 Thursday 5th January 2023 Friday 13th January 2023
May Pre-Masters Intake
(Monday 5th June 2022)
Friday 7th April 2023 Thursday 20th April 2023 Friday 28th April 2023
June MBA Intake
(Monday 26th June 2023)
Friday 28th April 2023 Thursday 11th May 2023 Friday 28th April 2023
September 2023 Intake
(Monday 25th September 2023)
Friday 21st July 2023 Thursday 3rd August 2023 Friday 11th August 2023
IFY October 2023
(Monday 2nd October 2023)
Friday 4th August 2023 Thursday 17th August 2023 Friday 25th August 2023

Application stage

If you are an international student who requires a Student visa, your application should be made via Centurus. You will need to fill in your details, upload any documents relevant to your application and confirm your student declaration.

If you are applying for a research degree, such as MPhil or PhD, you should click here.

The documents that need to be uploaded are:

  • A scanned copy of your passport (including personal details page).
  • Certificates and transcripts showing your academic progression so far.
  • Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts where the document is not in English or Welsh.
  • An acceptable English language certificate.
  • Copy of Tuberculosis screening if you are a resident in any of the countries listed. More information about Tuberculosis screening can be found here.
  • 1 academic reference letter (further references might be required).
  • Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements.
  • Evidence of work experience (where relevant).

If you have previously studied in the UK, you are also required to provide the extra documents listed below:   

  • A scanned copy of the passport page showing entry clearance in to the UK and return overseas.
  • Copies of any UK visas you have previously held.
  • Copies of Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) documents / visa letters for all previous studies undertaken in the UK.
  • Copies of any visa / ATAS refusal letters (if applicable).
  • Copies of any visa / ATAS appeal or administrative review letters (if applicable).
  • Evidence of any removal / deportation / detention notices (if applicable).

For more information about the UKVI requirements, please read the Student visa guidance on UK Government website here.

Please note, once an application has been submitted all correspondence to and from Wrexham Glyndŵr University should be made via the notes section on Centurus.

After applying

Once you have submitted your application:

  • On successful completion of these checks and providing you meet all the academic and English language entry requirements, a conditional offer will be made.
  • Once you’ve successfully fulfilled the conditions of your offer, Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s Immigration Compliance team will be in contact with you to arrange a compliance interview.
  • If your compliance interview is successful and the course fees have been paid, the Immigration Compliance team will then issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter.
  • When you have received your CAS letter, you will then be able to apply for a Student Visa.


For more information contact