(Short Course) IT Fundamentals
Year of entry
Why choose? this course?
This short course aims to fulfil the requirements to provide students with the IT skills needed in both graduate work and in future employment. It equips students with the skills needed to build confidence and improve their IT abilities effectively using MS Office.
Key course features
- Study online for free.
- Build your IT skills either personally or professionally.
- Gain confidence in using MS office applications.
What you will study
- ICT Fundamentals & File Management (MS Windows) – helps the student in basic computer housekeeping skills, and provides an essential understanding of how to use a computer in a safe and secure manner.
- Word Processing (MS Word) – helps the student to use a range of basic word processing tools to produce appropriate, straightforward and routine documents.
- Presentations (MS PowerPoint) – provide the skills to use a range of basic presentation tools. Students will be able to create appropriate presentations, and slide shows.
- Spreadsheets (MS Excel) – enables students to use a range of basic spreadsheet tools to produce appropriate spreadsheets.
- Internet/Communication – helps the student to understand how to use the Internet and email in a safe and secure way.
Entry requirements & applying
There are no entry requirements for this course; just an interest in the subject!
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
There are two points of assessment;
- Assessment one: Coursework (80% weighting)
- Assessment two: Online quiz (20% Weighting)
Fees & funding
19th February 2024