(Short Course) Motivational Interviewing
Why choose? this course?
If you want to develop your skill in helping people change within a healthcare setting this course is for you. Working with services users can be difficult when people need to make changes. Learning motivational Interviewing can help you to facilitate change in a way that respects a person’s autonomy and reduce practitioner stress or burden.
Key course features
- Be introduced to the skills and mind-set that will help you talk to patients who are stuck in making decisions about their health.
- Designed and facilitated in a way that gives you quality MI training and can act as a foundation on which to build future skills.
- Study online for free.
What you will study
- Day One: Introduction to the Module and to reflective practice
- Day Two: Introduction to MI: micro skills and the spirit
- Day Three: Developing MI skill with formative feedback
- Day Four: Use of MI in practice sharing of experiences and summative assessment
Half day Five: Group tutorials
Entry requirements & applying
You need to be in a role as a healthcare professional or medic and be able to practise conversational skills between sessions.
You need to have already undertaken Level 6 study.
Register your interest for future course dates.
Teaching & Assessment
- Formative: the provision of feedback on practice of MI conversation
- Summative: undertaking a pre-recorded simulated role-play assessment online
submitting a reflective essay (1500 words)
Contact hours: 31 – you are expected to practise and reflect upon your use of MI between sessions
Fees & funding