(Short Course) Confident Numeracy
Why choose? this course?
This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence in using maths… whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at university or thinking about taking a professional or part-time course.
Key course features
- Prepare for subjects with mathematical content
- Build confidence in using mathematics to solve problems
- Development understanding in key mathematical skills
- Understand and develop applied problem solving
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential
What you will study
- Basic arithmetic operations
- Calculators (How to use)
- Factors and prime numbers
- Exponentials and Logarithms
- Ratios and percentages
Entry requirements & applying
This course is for anyone who:
- Wants to develop their confidence in handling mathematical skills
- Is starting University in September (regardless of University)
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4 of university study
- Is thinking about starting a part-time or professional course but is not 100% sure due to current low qualifications
- Anyone who has already applied to University but needs to increase their entry grades
Please click here to book onto the 6th November 2023 start date.
Please click here to book onto the 19th February 2024 start date.
Please click here to book onto the 10th June 2024 start date.
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching & Assessment
- Assessment one: Online Quiz (10% weighting)
- Assessment two: Portfolio (90% Weighting)
Fees & funding
Course 1: 6th November 2023
Course 2: 19th February 2024
Course 3: 10th June 2024