(Short Course) Drawing
Why choose? this course?
This course combines the technical aspects of drawing with theoretical aspects of Fine Art practice. In this way, students will learn both how to achieve technical accuracy whilst developing an understanding that drawing is not entirely defined by the boundaries of mimicry.
Key course features
- Discover different technical principles of drawing and learn to apply this within your still-life drawing.
- A Fine Art theory is included to allow for both technique and theory to develop in unison.
- Take part in discussions.
- Develop your talents in practical exercises and more detailed skill sessions in theory.
What you will study
Students will be introduced to the following:
- A range of technical principles including perspective, composition, tone and form.
- A variety of mediums and their appropriate application.
- Critical analysis of their work and others to inform their practice.
Entry requirements & applying
Booking is subject to numbers.
Teaching & Assessment
Students will be assessed in their final week, producing a final piece of work accompanying an oral assessment of their progression and use of their acquired knowledge within their practical piece. The assessment will be on a pass and fail basis.
Fees & funding
This fee covers attendance and tutorage, including assessment and basic materials. Additional costs may be incurred if participants choose to work with non-standard materials or at high volume or large format.
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form below to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
Future start dates:
- October 30 2023