In order to be eligible to receive a certificate, your results must have been confirmed by an Assessment Board of the University and, if applicable, conferred at a graduation ceremony (or in your absence if you do not attend a graduation ceremony).

In addition, you must also not have any outstanding financial obligations owed to the University to receive your certificate.

When will my certificate be distributed to me?

If you attend your graduation ceremony, you will be able to collect your certificate on the day, following your ceremony. If you do not attend your ceremony, we aim to despatch all certificates as soon as possible after graduation, but due to the high volume this may not be until up to 12 weeks following the graduation ceremony.

[NB: for replacement certificates, please see the section on replacement/duplicate certificates for details of distribution timescales]

For awards that are not eligible to be given at graduation, we aim to despatch all of these types of certificates within twelve weeks of the Assessment Board where the award was ratified.

Should proof of your qualification be requested by an employer or another University prior to your certificate being issued, you can request an interim letter from the Certificates Team.

How is my certificate distributed to me?

For students studying in the UK, all certificates are posted to graduates’ last recorded home address as recorded on the University’s Students Records System by second class post (unless you advise us of an alternative address).

You must ensure that your home address and email address are correct prior to completing your programme of study by accessing e:Vision.

For students studying outside of the UK, certificates will be despatched to the central office of the partner university and despatch/collection of certificates will be arranged by the partner university. 

I think that my certificate has been withheld

The University will not despatch certificates of any kind to any student who has outstanding fees owing to the University. If you have any fees owing which is preventing the release of your certificate, you should contact the University’s Finance Department on the details below immediately:

Email: or call: 01978 293037.

For students studying at partner colleges, you must contact the partner college’s finance team directly.

Certificates are also withheld pending the outcome of an academic appeal/academic misconduct/ disciplinary/suitability to practice.

Replacement certificates

A certificate is an important legal document and should be treated as such. Wrexham Glyndŵr University will not issue replacement/duplicate certificates to any applicant holding an undamaged original certificate. Replacement/duplicate certificates, whilst of the same standing as the originals they replace, are produced in the layout used at the present time, and may therefore differ in presentation from the originals.

There are a number of circumstances in which you may wish to purchase a replacement/duplicate certificate. Please ensure you select the relevant type when placing your order. You are only able to order one copy of your original certificate. Multiple orders will not be processed.

All replacement certificates are despatched by second class post as standard, however 'signed for' and 'tracked delivery' options are also available. We aim to despatch replacement certificates within 6 weeks following receipt of your order (for replacement of a damaged original certificate this will be 6 weeks following our receipt of the damaged original certificate). Please note that if expedited postage is purchased, this is only effective with regard to the postage method. It is not possible to expedite the certificate printing process.

Regardless of which type of replacement certificate you require, you must also complete the questionnaire in order to finalise your order.

Please note that the University will not despatch a certificate to an address where a certificate has previously not been received without the use of a 'signed for' or tracked method of postage (at extra cost to the student). Alternatively, a different secure address may be given for the certificate despatch.

To order a replacement Wrexham Glyndŵr University Award certificate

If your award was awarded by Wrexham Glyndŵr University, a replacement certificate can be purchased from the University's online shopWhen placing your order, please only select ONE of the products 1-4.

To order a replacement Higher National Certificate/Diploma Award certificate

Prior to 2005, certificates were produced by Edexcel and you will need to contact Edexcel (now Pearson) direct, in order to obtain a replacement certificate.

For qualifiers from 2005 onwards, the certificate is produced by the University. Go to the University’s online shop via this link. When placing your order, please only select ONE of the products 1-4. 

To order a replacement University of Wales Award certificate

If your replacement certificate was for a University of Wales award, you need to apply for a replacement certificate direct to the University of Wales Registry.