(Short Course) Games Access: Concept Art
Why choose? this course?
This fun and immersive course is a great introduction for anyone interested in learning to create concept art for video games, and also provides a taste of what we offer on our suite of computer games courses. So come and have a go!
Key course features
- The video game industry is a fast-paced industry worth billions each year. This short course will introduce you to the current industry practices and design workflows used by game studios in the modern day.
- Learn to hone your artistic skills in a more games-based focus, with relevance to game art and design.
- Develop your own portfolio of concept and design work, which you'll also be able to show to potential employers in the video game and design industries.
What you will study
Teaching & Assessment
- Assessment for this module will be based on the ongoing portfolio of work that is created throughout the course.
- Students will be expected to continuously review/reflect and/or annotate their work within their portfolio and produce this portfolio as a single project.
- The final assessment piece should be submitted as a single workflow that demonstrates the design journey. This could be through a blog platform or in a PDF format.