(Short Course) Improving Productivity & Profitability
Why choose? this course?
This course is designed to support those involved in business management and leadership. You will benefit from peer networking with fellow professionals and collective learning.
Key course features
- Gain an understanding of the factors that impact on productivity and profitability.
- Uncover methods to grow and improve your organisation.
What you will study
The content for the course will be delivered over the course of 8 weeks and will broadly address the following:
- Introduction to Improving Productivity and Profitability
- Uncovering and managing costs from suppliers, finance, premises and production
- Reviewing what the organisation sells and at what price
- Increasing profitability by buying more effectively and cutting waste throughout the business
- Concentrating sales efforts to sell more to existing profitable customers and finding similar customers to sell to.
- Tool kits and techniques for expanding your market and developing new products and services
- Boosting productivity, cutting costs and remaining competitive
- Planning for change and growth to improve the profitability of the organisation
The delivery for the eight week short course will include:
- 1 x recorded lecture per week
- Supporting signposts to learning material on Moodle, such as links to videos (e.g. TED talks), a Moodle book if appropriate and further reading
- Material to support the delivery of 6 x Asynchronous tutorials
- Delivery of 2 x 2hr Dialogic forums
Entry requirements & applying
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date.
Teaching & Assessment
Portfolio – Learning log and Journal
Fees & funding
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
This course doesn’t have any fixed dates for the 2023/2024 academic year but is available upon demand.
If you would like to be part of a cohort for this short course, or if you would like to register a cohort from your workplace, please email us at email@example.com.
The delivery of this short course can be flexible to meet your or your business’ needs.