(Short Course) Japanese
Why choose? this course?
Learning any new language is a fun and rewarding experience. And learning Japanese is no exception. Studying Japanese means learning a language that is so different from English that it will make you rethink your most basic assumptions about the way language works.
Key course features
- No previous knowledge of the language is required.
- Gain a foundational knowledge of the Japanese language.
- Practice your speaking and listening skills.
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive 20 UK HE credits (10 ECTS)
What you will study
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Communicate and exchange information in a simple way
- Demonstrate an understanding and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases
- Introduce themselves
- Ask and answer questions about personal information such as where someone lives, what someone does for a living etc.
Entry requirements & applying
There are no entry requirements for this course; just an interest in the subject!
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
The assessment consists of the tasks listed below:
• conversation skills: using 3 short role-plays of everyday nature and free discussion
• writing skills: a short text, for example, a postcard or a letter
• reading skills: read and understand a short text and answer questions in English
• listening skills: listen to audio material and answer questions about the material in English
Fees & funding
£195 for non-Wrexham University students and staff
For current staff/students please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a discount code for a reduced fee
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
01/11/23 – 13 weeks, 3 hrs per week – Wednesdays 5-7pm on campus, Thursdays 6-7pm online.