(Short Course) Introduction to Composites
Year of entry
Why choose? this course?
This online short course introduces composite materials, their applications in engineering and the benefits and challenges and will provide an overview of the technology and enable participants to develop their knowledge in this area.
- The use of composite materials is at the forefront of exciting developments within aerospace, space, automotive, sports equipment, and many other industries.
- Wrexham University have significant expertise in Composite materials, with an advanced composites laboratory based in Broughton, where leading research into this exciting technology is undertaken.
Key course features
This short course aims to:
- To deliver an overview of the history of composite materials in aerospace and automotive industry.
- To introduce the different types of composite materials available.
- To be able to identify what different types of matrix and fibre materials are used in modern engineering.
- To understand the benefit of using composite materials over traditional metallic materials.
Entry requirements & applying
If you would like to be part of a cohort for this short course, or if you would like to register a cohort from your workplace, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The delivery of this short course can be flexible to meet your or your business’ needs.
Teaching & Assessment
Two multiple choice online quizzes.
Fees & funding
Wrexham University staff/students/charitable organisations staff & volunteers = FREE
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
November 20th 2024