Wrexham Glyndŵr University is based in North East Wales. Our main campus in Wrexham is ideally located to give students a memorable experience of studying in the UK. Wrexham is a safe and vibrant town with plenty to see and do. Only an hour away from the major cities of Liverpool and Manchester, with beautiful scenery, heritage sites and outdoor activities right on the doorstep, Wrexham is a great location for students to experience British university life.
We offer vocationally relevant courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in a wide range of subjects, including business, engineering, science, computing and the creative arts. Our career-focused curriculums are designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to help them gain successful employment and prepare them for life in the workforce after graduation. Students will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through work placements and the chance to showcase their work in competitions and exhibitions.
By choosing Wrexham Glyndŵr University, you will become part of a friendly, supportive community. Our lecturing teams teach in small class sizes, meaning that students will be given the individual attention and support they need whilst undertaking their studies.
Academic Entry Requirements
These are examples of the qualifications that we may accept from your country. These lists are not exhaustive and may not show all of the qualifications that we will accept. All applications are subject to approval.
Foundation or Extended Programmes
Intermediate / Higher Secondary Certificate:
- Successful completion with (Intermeddiate Part 1) - 60% with passes in minimum 4 subjects,.
- Year 12 (HSC) or Polytechnic Diploma - 50% overall with passes in minimum of 4 subjects (40% in relevant subjects must be taken from year assessd).
Undergraduate Programmes For Entry Onto Year 1
- Excellent Higher Secondary School Certificate, intermediate or FA/FSc (70%+)
- Holders of the International Baccalaureate Diploma with 26 points or more will also be considered for direct admission to bachelor's degree courses.
- Two year bachelors degree with a minimum of 60%
- Excellent results required from a three year degree from a recognised institution. You will need a minimum of 60% from a three year bachelor degree for second year entry. This will be decided on a case-by-case basis and your course must closely match the one to which you are applying for.
- A four year bachelor degree with a minimum mark of 60% or a GPA of 3.0
English Language Entry Requirements
To meet the English language entry requirements at Wrexham Glyndŵr University, international students are expected to have achieved one of the following qualifications listed below. All certificates/qualifications accepted are assessed based on their equivalence to the IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test.
Go to our English language requirements page for more information.